Investment Management is the professional management of various securities and assets, to meet the specific investment goals of a client.
Investment management is both an art and a science.
It's an art in the sense that professional investment managers are responsible for securing portfolio return against the backdrop of an often unpredictable and illogical marketplace.
It's a science in the sense that the money manager must also do their best to control and mitigate risk while seeking to optimize portfolio returns.
Here is how we do it:
- Determine Your Financial Goals, Needs, Lifestyle, Aspirations and Concerns
Are you planning your retirement? Buying or selling a family business? Sending a child to school? Planning your estate or legacy strategy? We'll discuss every milestone in your life that could affect the way you deploy your assets. Financially, if it concerns you, it concerns us.
- Understand Your Tolerance for Risk
While we seek to minimize risk, investing always involves some uncertainties. We'll discover how comfortable you are with risk, so we can match the appropriate level of risk and asset protection to your goals.
- Analyze Economic Trends and Investing Opportunities
We won't risk your money with strategies like trying to time the market. And rather than focusing on specific companies, we look at market sectors that may offer opportunities for growth, whether it's types of industries, commodities, or geographic locations.
- Construct a Diversified Portfolio Tailored to Your Goals and Preferences We'll allocate your assets in a variety of investments that controls risk while meeting your needs – and actively monitor it to ensure it is performing appropriately.
- Minimize the Total Cost of Investing
There are many hidden costs that can drag investment growth, including fund expenses, fees, and taxes. Recognizing and minimizing these costs is part of our planning process, so we can keep more of your assets working for you.